Feature Idea: Alerting to Webhook - Customizing Payload

So, the addition of custom attributes in the alert description is very useful. We were working with our ticket management team and they said that, unfortunately, they need the json tags to be in the ‘raw’ json layer, not imbedded in a specific existing tag like the custom message does. Are the attributes we can add to the message also available to add at the custom json level? The following is just an example of what I have been ‘playing’ with. There are more parameters required, but, hopefully helps provide a better idea of what we are looking for:

mc_host: {{tag.hostname}}
mc_parameter: {{conditionName}}
mc_instance: {{tag.service}}.{{tag.dependency}}

New Relic Edit

• I want this too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

Hey @tim.davis

I don’t believe the notification JSON can include these tag.xx attributes, but I know that @bgoleno (product manager) and his team are working towards fully customisable notification messages, that should allow you to build up the notification payload however you wish.

I’ll get a feature idea filed for you, to Brian and his team, so that they can see your desire for this :slight_smile:

1 Like