New Relic for iOS or Android

Download on the App Store    Android App on Google play

New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

Feature Idea: API to update Dashboards within Data App

insights

I am using API to update my Dashboards. However, the API currently does not have the ability to update the Dashboards within Data App. As a workaround, I update the dashboard via API and import it again in a Data App.
This does work, but we have 5-6 dashboards in our Data App, so it becomes tedious to go over this process for all the dashboards.

Since dashboards are part of Data App, can we have API / feature built to update the dashboard within Data App directly.

You are welcome to reply to this idea thread with your use case and other information that you think is vital for our Product Team to consider while they review this feature idea.

Please keep your reply concise and constructive for easier review. And be sure to replace these instructions with your addition.

Thanks!
Salil

New Relic edit

• I want this, too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

Hi there @smahajan7 - Thanks so much for this excellent use case! I’ve added a poll here so that other an weigh in and we’ll be sharing this with our team. In the meantime, please let us know if you have any other details to add.

Ultimately, we would want a full set APIs to created, update, delete data apps for automated deployments of multiple data apps to multiple accounts.

@reggie.y - Thanks for sharing your requirements here. I’ll get that +1 added to our internal feature idea :smiley: