Feature Idea: APM Yesterday, Not Today

Looking for a way to query our accounts for ‘any’ host/jvm that reported data yesterday, that isn’t reporting now. Any thoughts on how to do this?

New Relic Edit

• I want this too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

Hi Tim -

I’m not sure that’s possible. It sounds like the closest we might get is to try a query with:

SINCE TODAY COMPARE WITH 1 DAY AGO

Like below - you can look at the percentage drop.

But this is not FACETable by host.

I think this would be a good addition to APM or to Insights’ capabilities. I can get it filed as a feature request to the product development team for you :smiley:

This one is an interesting challenge for us. Right now, we have 112 servers and those counts will be going up, in a single one of our accounts. The list of instrumented applications is up to 10 total. However, which of those 10 is supposed to run on any of the 112 servers is dependent on the purpose of that server. In some cases, it may only be 3. In others, it may be 6. And, the configuration is setup from engineering in a way that we could have 1 of 3, 2 of 3, or 3 of 3 running. This is why the ask for awareness of what we had data for in X time and what we don’t have data for today. We often lose ‘applications’ being plumbed for NR when the applications are upgraded, if something goes wrong ni the process. The configuration is part of the code upgrade process, because we use the same installer to configure the different applications, but, also the NR account specific setup.

That’s an interesting use case - I can definitely see why this data would be very useful. I have just got that added on to the feature idea for the dev team to fully understand your use case.