New Relic for iOS or Android

Download on the App Store    Android App on Google play

New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

Feature Idea: App performance pre/post deployment

feature-idea

It would be nice to be able to compare an app’s (or browser’s) performance on an Insights Dashboard based on current/previous deployed version.

The NRQL pseudo code could look like this:

SELECT apdex, average(duration), error_rate, throughput FROM Transaction WHERE appName = 'MyApp' COMPARE WITH last deployment

The result could be a widget that looks like this:

Optional ideas would be to colour-code values that have become worse since the deployment (e.g. lower Apdex, higher duration/error rate), or to show differences as a percentage.

New Relic Edit

• I want this too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

Hi, @frankdornberger: I agree that this would be a useful Insights feature. FYI, the feature already exists in New Relic APM: https://docs.newrelic.com/docs/apm/applications-menu/events/deployments-page-view-impact-your-app-users.

Hey @philweber, Very true. Most of my business users look though at Insights Dashboards that have been created for them to understand how well our apps perform since they get an idea about the overall performance with one glimpse. If that same information could be brought up in a widget, that would be very helpful.

Agreed, it would certainly be helpful to see this in Insights. I just added a poll here for you :smiley: