Download on the App Store    Android App on Google play

New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

Feature Idea: Apple Mac OS X Server Monitoring

feature-request
feature-idea

Are there any plans to add support for Apple Mac OS X server monitoring?

New Relic edit

• I want this, too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

Hi @avaropoint

To the best of my knowledge, it’s not something I’ve heard a lot of talk about but that doesn’t make it any less of a potentially good idea.

I’ll file a feature request on your behalf to let our product managers know you think this would be a good addition. This isn’t a guarantee that this will be implemented but puts the idea to our product managers for discussion as we plan our roadmap.

If this is implemented, as I’ll tag your details to the feature request, you should be notified if this is implemented.

I’m also very interested in this feature

Also interested for our build agents.

Hi, @stuartolivera @danielj
I added requests on behalf of both of you.

Thanks for letting us know of your interest!

Also interested in this for our growing Mac backend here at Lookback.

Hey @nevyn I went ahead and added your +1 to this request!

Hi,

We use a lot of macs here for automation tasks - would be great to watch their availability / stats etc

+10 for me…!

Same thing for us; we are using a lot of Mac to perform our build jobs. @chrisw, do you have an ETA or an issue that we can follow?

Hey @jcharest,
I have logged a feature request on your behalf to our product management team for an OS X monitor.

Could you please log one for me as well @KarlC

Thanks!

No problemo, @bobspadger. Done! :smile:

Also interested as we have OS X build agents that we’d like to monitor availability/performance of.

Hi @amherst - I added a feature request on your behalf

Hey guys, i am also interested in support for OS X server monitoring as we use a number of OS X machines internally. Thank you!

Hey @leighb - I’ve logged your interest with our product management team

Thanks mate, much appreciated!

Hi! Please add another +1 for me! :slight_smile:

I’ve checked out NewRelic’s REST API v2 and, as far as I can see, there’s a way to remove a server from my dashboard but there’s no way to add one. A shame really because I was considering to roll my own agent - I don’t really want to have multiple solutions to monitor my infra.

So, on to my question…

Is there a community/alpha/beta/whatever programme underway where I contribute code/test/whatever to have some initial support for OSX boxes?

We already have an agent written for our own custom monitoring that captures all the metrics NewRelic requires… it would be very straight-forward to send those metrics to some REST end-point. All I need are 2 or 3 REST APIs (v3?) and we’re good to go. I’m really linking NewRelic but not having support for OSX box monitoring is a bit of a thorn on my side.

If there’s any way I can help to speed up such support, please let me know. :wink:

Hi @carloslozano! I have reached out to the product manager that handles our server monitoring products and we will be in touch if there is any way that you can help out. I really appreciate your very generous offer as well: thank you!