Feature Idea: Auto-Scheduling Muting Rules

Interesting approach, thank you. How to silence alerts during specific time window, e.g. between 3am-5am Eastern Time?

New Relic Edit

• I want this too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

1 Like

Currently this feature is API only, with no scheduler. You would need to set up cron jobs to enable and disable predefined muting rules if you wanted to use them during specific time windows.

1 Like

ok, it would be nice to have a simple way of doing it in future.

1 Like

Hi @miksh

Although I do not know the timeline, I can say that a scheduler is on the roadmap for this feature!

2 Likes

@miksh - I got the suggestion added to the feature ideas space so that the Alerts team can gain a bigger picture of demand for this :smiley:

1 Like

Hi All, we are in development with this capability. We will be delivering a UI and a single-instance scheduler in the near timeframe. We will implement recurring scheduling later in the year.

7 Likes

Yes, Auto Scheduling for Muting will be more helpful.

1 Like

Thanks for the +1 @Ferdine.silva :smiley:

Hello,
do we have a release date for this feature?
It would be useful to know at least if it is planned for Q3 or in Q4.

Grazie

@antonio.giurini

The latest from @bgoleno is here: Mechanism that turns off alerts at night and reconnects in the morning

Essentially - within weeks you’ll be able to schedule a 1 time muting rule, and not too long afterwards you’ll be able to schedule recurring muting rules.

1 Like