Learn more

Close icon

Feature Idea: Azure Functions v2 Support

azure
feature-idea
dotnetcore
azure-functions

Hi,

I am trying to integrate New Relic with an Azure Functions v2 (.NET Core) app. Is this supported? If so, is there any documentation on how to do it?

Thank you.
Dan Tohatan

New Relic Edit

• I want this too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

@dohatan -

Other than the Azure functions monitor integration , we have no official support for monitoring Azure functions.
It might be possible to install the .NET agent and monitor an Azure Functions app with it but we don’t officially support that. In that case you’d probably want to try using custom instrumentation via attributes to create custom transactions for the functions. That’s because the agent won’t create transactions for Azure functions out-of-the-box. I’m reluctant to point you that direction because we can’t at this time provide any assistance in setting that up but I at least wanted to point out the possibility.
I can definitely file a feature request for first class .NET agent support of Azure functions if that is what you are looking for.

@Tjd - OK Thanks for clarifying. If you could please put in a feature request that would be great. I tried deploying the agent with my Azure function, and even though I can see it logging that it is profiling, I am unable to see any data in New Relic. I think I will just switch to a console app instead as I have set one up successfully before.

Thanks for the reply @dtohatan - That feature idea is now filed on your behalf (I have converted this post into a feature poll too…)