Feature Idea: Azure VM CPU Credit Monitoring

Hi There,

I am trying to see if there is a way with the Azure integration to monitor CPU Credits for my VMs. I see there is a way for Amazon’s EC2 instances.

Thank you

Steve

New Relic Edit

• I want this too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

Hi @steve.townsend, you can use the Azure VM Integration to report data :slight_smile:

Did you figure this out?
I would also like to monitor the Azure CPU Credits Consumed and CPU Credits Remaining.

For AWS EC2 instances I can see that this has been implemented, but I can’t find the same for Azure.
We have enabed the Azure VM Integration.

Hey there @christer.johannessen - we’re going to have to dig into this a bit. I know that out of the box this integration monitors CPU Usage, but not necessarily CPU credits. That said, it may be possible, but we’re going to have to dig a bit deeper.

Thanks for your patience with us while we see if we can make this happen for you.

1 Like

Hello again @christer.johannessen - This question got its hooks into me and I could not let it go. I was able to confirm a few things that I can share:

1. The Azure VM Integration does not collect data on CPU credits out of the box. I’m not certain if it the data is made available and we just don’t pull it, or if the data is not made available. We can put in a feature idea for it if you like, which we would share with the product teams.

2. You may still be able to get this data into New Relic. If you are using the Infrastructure agent, you could make a Flex integration call.

Here’s some documentation on the Flex integration:

https://docs.newrelic.com/docs/integrations/host-integrations/host-integrations-list/flex-integration-tool-build-your-own-integration

Let me know if any of that is not helpful or if you have more questions!

2 Likes

Thanks for checking, We are using the infrastructure agent, so I will look into using a Flex call.

As this ability has been added for AWS, I would like for you to put in a feature idea.

I just found that the metrics I would like to get is available for Azure Virtual Machine Scale sets
Very strange that it’s available here, but not for regular VMs

Metric Description
“cpuCreditsRemaining” Total number of credits available to burst
“cpuCreditsConsumed” Total number of credits consumed by the Virtual Machine|

1 Like

Thanks for all that extra information @christer.johannessen. I will take this to the product the team!