Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

Feature Idea: Baseline alerts for facet queries

facet
feature-idea
nqrl
baseline-alerts

It would be really useful if we could set baseline alerts on facet NRQL queries.

A use case for this, I would like to be able to be alerted if the total of an individual error deviates from a baseline. The intention is that this will hopefully catch any bugs introduced by a live deployment where a particular type of error spikes but doesn’t spike enough to trigger our global error rate percentage alert.

New Relic Edit

• I want this too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

Alert on error anomalies and/or new errors

@david.williams - Thanks for posting! That’s an excellent use case for faceted baseline alerts. I’ll get that feature idea submitted internally for you. In the meantime, Outlier Detection works for faceted queries, I’m not sure if you can utilise this for your use case, but it may be an option you can look into.

Thanks @RyanVeitch. I had a look at Outlier Detection but from reading the docs it doesn’t sound like it will achieve what we want. From what I can see, this will trigger if any 2 different errors (based on the error message) deviate from each other i.e. one occurs much more than the other. This is what we expect to happen and so if my understanding is correct this won’t work for us.

That makes sense - thanks for taking a look & confirming that @david.williams