Feature idea: Browser application: default instrumentation level

Hi,
In our company we have a hundreds of browser applications and we want to use Pro + SPA instrumentation for all of the applications that we have. But an official documentation says that it is possible only by enabling it app by app.

Is it possible to set the Pro + SPA instrumentation level as default for any application created in our account?
Is it possible to configure instrumentation level via the browser monitoring variables?

Thank you.

New Relic edit

• I want this, too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

6 Likes

Hi there @oleh.burkhay Great questions! For the first one, I would recommend submitting a Feature Idea for this request as I could find it useful for others as well who are managing a bulk of browser applications.

Regarding your other question, some customers have found success setting up environmental variables. While this isn’t an official feature or supported practice to edit the browser agent, I’m including some links below to community posts as examples from others that I hope may provide some guidance:

Thanks!

Hi @oleh.burkhay, as per @cfrankenfield’s recommendation, I’ve submitted a feature idea for this and I’ve +1 internally for it too. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi @nmcnamara, pleased to hear and thank you for your effort!