New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

Feature Idea: Browser deployment markers

feature-request
rfb
deploymentmarker

Following a recent change on an 3rd party hosted application, where we do not have APM monitoring, I went to create a deployment marker for one of our Browser applications. It would be useful to have a method to apply a deployment marker for a browser application with the same capabilities as we have for APM.

New Relic edit

• I want this, too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

Would also like this functionality.

Thanks for reaching out about this, @stefan_garnham and @monitoringLife! I have added a poll so we can collect votes around this. Hopefully we can gather use cases as well!

Use cases:

1. Deployment of sites which do not run under APM monitoring.
  2. Updates of sites which have a dependency on a downstream system which cannot be identified by New Relic, for example when an API management layer is in place.
  3. Deployments of 3rd party dependencies which are not under your control.

This feature could be very usefull

I’m very supriced that this is not a feature by default. Is this not a super small change to get this onboard? seems more like a bug then a missing feature to me! @Linds - could you check how big this issue is to fix?

Hi @sisve! I don’t have any news to share right now! The Browser team has prioritized this, so I will let you know when I have more information. In the meantime, please feel free to vote in the poll and add your use case to this thread. The more interest we gather around this Feature Idea, the better. :blush:

Any updates on the feature please?

Bumping this! Would love to see this feature.

I’d also love to see this feature. Any news?

I don’t have an update just yet - let me get this re-highlighted to the dev team though! :slight_smile: