Feature Idea: Build APM permalink for New Relic One

I have a website, in which the users can trigger performance test over some application instances, and then watch statistics from New Relic. Additionally, this website has a button called “Go to New Relic”, this button uses an URL build following the structure using the account_id and application_id :

https://rpm.newrelic.com/accounts/672423/applications/661401945?tw[start]=2020-08-19T19:53:00+00:00&tw[end]=2020-08-19T20:04:00+00:00

https://rpm.newrelic.com/accounts/[account_id]/applications/[application_id]?tw[start]=2020-08-19T19:53:00+00:00&tw[end]=2020-08-19T20:04:00+00:00

This structure also adds a time window related to the performance test.

Nevertheless, after the update to New Relic One these URLs redirect to the following kind of URLs:

https://one.newrelic.com/launcher/nr1-core.explorer?pane=eyJuZXJkbGV0SWQiOiJhcG0tbmVyZGxldHMub3ZlcnZpZXciLCJlbnRpdHlJZCI6Ik5qY3lOREl6ZkVGUVRYeEJVRkJNU1VOQlZFbFBUbncyTmpFME1ERTVORFUifQ==&sidebars[0]=eyJuZXJkbGV0SWQiOiJucjEtY29yZS5hY3Rpb25zIiwiZW50aXR5SWQiOiJOamN5TkRJemZFRlFUWHhCVUZCTVNVTkJWRWxQVG53Mk5qRTBNREU1TkRVIiwic2VsZWN0ZWROZXJkbGV0Ijp7Im5lcmRsZXRJZCI6ImFwbS1uZXJkbGV0cy5vdmVydmlldyJ9fQ==&platform[timeRange][duration]=1800000&platform[$isFallbackTimeRange]=true

(This URL is the final redirected URL of the previos example).

I seems that the APM that the URL redirects is correct, however, the time window is set to the last 30 minutes.

In order to fix this quickly I change the method that builds the URL, this change consist in replace the “rpm” for “api”. With this change the URL let the user to the correct APM and time window, but also to the old version of New Relic.

Now I’m trying to enhance this fix. The enhancement consist in find a way lead the user to the new version of new relic with the correct APM and time window.

Do you know if it’s possible?

New Relic Edit

• I want this too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

2 Likes

Hey @camilo.castillo

There are ongoing works internally to improve New Relic One URLs. I’ll make sure your +1 is added to that :smiley: Thanks for sharing your input.

1 Like

I am having a same issue now trying to understand how can we recreate the link to serve the same purpose.

We are constructing the link the same way but adding additional attributes to it. I am wondering if I can find some documentation how to create link in a new way.

What we are doing is we are generating crash analysis per single crash, where time frame is set to 90 days. For crash we are using crash fingerprint.

Any info is more than welcome.

Thanks,
Michal

Thanks @Michal.Karaba -

Appreciate you sharing how you would like to see this work. I’m going to go ahead and make this an official feature idea. As Ryan mentioned, we’re working on the URLs - they do operate differently in New Relic One. But having this customer feedback will help them develop those better!