Your data. Anywhere you go.

New Relic for iOS or Android

Download on the App Store    Android App on Google play

New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

Feature Idea: Can the timestamp format be altered in a chart?

feature-idea

SELECT latest(timestamp) shows the timestamp in a long format (September 09, 2019 17:03:00) and I would like to display just the day number and time.

Is this possible in an argument format?

New Relic Edit

• I want this too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

Hey @reopelle.scott - The Insights Data Formatter is the only thing that could help here: https://docs.newrelic.com/docs/insights/use-insights-ui/manage-account-data/data-formatter-set-default-formats-numeric-values

But I’m not sure it has the ability to format the information to meet your specific needs. Could you take a look and let me know? If not, I’ll get a feature idea filed for you - for more configurable formatting options.

Thank you for the suggestion, but I those setting appear to affect everywhere that timestamp value is used. I want to change it for a single chart, to a shorter format so it does not get cut off.

Understood! Thanks for looking at that @reopelle.scott - in that case this is going to be a feature idea - I’ll get that filed for you :slight_smile:

@RyanVeitch I think I mistakenly changed something when you directed me to the formatter. My AppID is showing up as “Over 11 years” instead of the number. Can you direct me on where to change it back? I looked back through the formatter and wasn’t able to find anything.

Cancel… I found it.

Hmmm - The formatter is the only thing that should allow you to change that AppID formatting -

Glad you found it though :smiley: