Feature Idea: Can we have option to pass duration as a query string in embedded charts?

I need an option to pass duration parameter to embedded chart.
https://chart-embed.service.newrelic.com/herald/345cfa25-8f00-40f9-abca-5ffb9072a88f?height=400px&timepicker=true

In above url, I need an option to pass duration parameter as well something like &duration=30m

New Relic Edit

• I want this too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

1 Like

Hi @agudheka, this would have to be done in the chart query itself within Insights before embedding, it’s not possible to alter the URL itself to change the parameters of the chart

thank you @rdouglas for your response. I understood that I can achieve it by adding duration in my new relic query itself but my requirement is different…I am incorporating my embedded new relic charts with my other monitoring data charts within one page only where I want to pass duration as a global variable to all those different charts. The purpose of providing duration as a global variable is to get better user experience.

1 Like

Thanks for the extra context - Right now it’s not possible, but, I’ll get this filed as a feature idea for you internally.