New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

Feature Idea: Can't hide facets in NRQL charts

insights
feature-idea

###Insights Question Template

• There are many ways to achieve a goal in Insights, tell us a bit about your end goal. What insights are you hoping to gain?

Goal: Hide facets/series when clicking the series tag.
In “Custom Metric charts” I can click on the series tag to hide series but in “Custom Events charts” (NRQL charts) clicking the series tag does nothing.

New Relic edit

• I want this too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

@pablo.molnar Hey there!

Selectable or, hidable insights chart data is currently not possible.

I have added a poll to this post to allow others to put their thoughts and votes on this. In addition to that I have submitted an internal feature request to the Insights development team for this.

Hi,

Is there any update on this feature request?

Not yet, @bala.narasimha.rao.a -

You can hide certain facets in your charts if they are not relevant to you, with a query like:

WHERE attribute NOT IN ('attr1', 'attr2', 'attr3')

This will exclude the specified attribute values from your results set.

So there is a field that I have appeneded to my payload to add serial numbers to make sure sort works as I have to show some data which cannot be sorted alphabetically. But I would like to hide that field but still use that in the select query since the values get sorted using the first field after the select. The First Field I have is Serial Num and I would like to not display it. Is there any way that can be achieved.

If you want to sort the table results, they must be in the result set.

NRQL does not include a SORT BY feature, and so you’ll need to return the table and then manually click the column header to sort the table.