Feature Idea: Client/Customer User Type

We run our mobile application in the enterprise, and so we have our own cloud, but our clients also have some amount of infrastructure. And they own their own mobile devices (Android & iOS).

It would be awesome if there was a concept allowing our clients/customers to log into New Relic and see data just for them. It would allow clients to monitor their own infrastructure / applications / data, and get a gauge for how their infrastructure is performing - which would hopefully save us from having to troubleshoot issues that are specific to 1 client, or something that one client has done.

It would likely involve making a 1st class attribute of a “client identifier” for EVERY event/login/transaction, etc. But, there would be an added bonus that a “picker” or “drop down” could be added to all existing New Relic dashboards, so that we could filter our result views / dashboards to just show data for a single client.

Obviously, we can use NRL and write our own views to get some of this, but we have requests froim clients to be able to get access to all of this data, and would love for there to be an easy way to let them get in and see their own data (so, we could add their user to our license, but specifically scope their access to JUST their data. And we’d like to not have to dedicate someone to just open New Relic every day to generate a report to share with a client. :slight_smile:

-Thanks!

New Relic edit

• I want this, too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

1 Like

Hi @kkline! We love hearing new ideas and especially love hearing customer use cases! Thank you for sharing yours.

I have added a poll so that we can collect votes from the community! Please be sure to vote! :blush:

1 Like