Feature Idea: Cocoapods: target has transitive dependencies that include static binaries

Please paste the [permalink][1] to the page in question below:

Please share your agent and other relevant versions below:

Latest: 5.10.1

Please share your question/describe your issue below. Include any screenshots that may help us understand your question:

Lately I found this ARAnalytics and I tried to include it with the subspec pointing to NewRelic

pod ‘ARAnalytics’, :subspecs => [‘NewRelic’]

The interesting thing : it would offer the possibility to add a second custom provider that I’d need to send some events to. By using such a Library I could feed NewRelic and this other provider with one call.

As I’m using Swift I need to specify use_framworks! in my pod file, which then give me the following error on pod install

[!] The ‘Pods-MyApp’ target has transitive dependencies that include static binaries: (/Users/myuser/xcode/MyApp/Pods/NewRelicAgent/NewRelicAgent/NewRelicAgent.framework)

After some searching I found a similar issue with another provider saying that they did not release a dynamic framework, but a static.

Is this the case for NewRelicAgent too?

New Relic edit

• I want this, too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

Hey @hannes.tribus - That is true with New Relic as well: our SDK is a static framework. Thanks for including your use case and how you are trying to accomplish your goal. I have turned this thread into a feature idea so we can collect votes by others who are interested in this as well.

Please vote and know that I have passed this along to our product team for review. Thanks again!

1 Like