New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

Feature Idea: Configure Avail. Monitoring URL in newrelic.ini File

tag

Vote Now! | Configure Availability Monitoring URL in newrelic.ini File

• I want this, too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

Configure availability monitoring url in newrelic.ini file

Is it possible to configure the availability monitoring url in the newrelic.ini file?

At this time, this is not possible. This is a separate system than will currently need to be configured in the New Relic APM UI.

Can I ask what are you trying to accomplish by utilizing this setting in the .ini configuration? Is this to aid in automating your deployment process?

That is exactly what I want to do. The newrelic.ini file is generated on deploy time.

Since the url whereon the app itself will be deployed, is known at build time, it would be nice to be able to incorporate availability monitoring into the build. Also, having the configuration encapsulated within a ini file has some advantages regarding backup and versioning.

Will this feature become available in the future?

Ok, thanks for the response. This makes sense in this context of how you are deploying your applications.

This does sound like a great idea for a feature request, and although I can’t give you a definite time for this being released, I can say that it has now been formally filed in our system. Our product managers look at every single feature request we receive, and use this to drive our product improvement.

Thanks for taking the time to respond on our forums, and letting us know how you think New Relic can be improved.

Is there any updates on this topic? I would love to do the same with using Ruby agent. I’ve been suggested to use Synthetics instead of that, but it doesn’t sound a good solution for me, since I can’t connect my apps in RPM to Synthetics.

I have to configure the ping URL for my each app at NewRelic side. For the sake of automation, I don’t like to this manually.

And I wonder why only the ping url is hidden in API, even I wanted to use it as workaround I’m not able to do it.

Thanks for providing such great context, @sakirtemel! Please feel free to participate in the poll above! :thumbsup: