New Relic for iOS or Android

Download on the App Store    Android App on Google play

New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

Feature Idea: Copy chart dialog doesn't show full dashboard names

ux

When copying a chart to an existing dashboards, the new dialog has more information (such as account and creator) but as the size is fixed it truncates the actual dashboard name making it harder to find between dashboards with similar names.

There seems to be a waste of space on the screen making it a worst experience than before. Specially in large screens.

New Relic edit

• I want this, too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

Hi there @jose.sa1 -

Thanks for letting us know that there may be an issue. I tried copying a chart into an existing dashboard in New Relic One and was able to resize the chart to make it readable. Perhaps I am misunderstanding your question. Would you mind sharing a link or a screen grab (blur any company info out please!) so that I can better understand what you are experiencing?

Hi, the problem is not with the chart, but with the dialog where one chooses the destination dashboard.

On a big screen, this is what it looks like:

The list of dashboards names are incomplete as it only shows the first words. When having similar named dashboards, is hard to choose the correct one without filtering with the exact name.

Thank you so much for that clarification @jose.sa1 - I see what you are saying now. I really appreciate you sharing that. I’m going to put this in our Feature Idea category since we’ll need to make a change in the product to make this happen for you. I’ll also share this with our teams. Finally, I’m adding a poll so that others can weigh in as well.