Download on the App Store    Android App on Google play

New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

Feature Idea: cross-application tracing across AMQP message boundaries

feature-request
feature-idea

Cross application tracing across HTTP calls is a very valuable feature of New Relic. I would love it if NR supported cross-application tracing when calls are asynchronous via a message queue (i.e. via AMQP). I know existing cross-application tracing utilizes HTTP headers but AMQP also supports message headers that would (hopefully) support a similar implementation.

New Relic edit

• I want this, too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

Hi there @bphillips - good to see you in the Explorers Hub again!

Can you tell me which language agent you are using? We think this may be possible with some of our agents.

We use primarily node.js

Thanks @bphillips - I appreciate you sharing that. Unfortunately, the Node agent API does not currently support this. So - confirmed! :smile: This is a feature idea. :neutral_face:. I’ve added a poll here so that others can add their voice and we will share this with the Node agent team. In the meantime, please feel free to add any other use case details you think are helpful.