New Relic for iOS or Android

Download on the App Store    Android App on Google play

New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

Feature Idea: Custom CNAME for browser agents

feature-idea

Is there a way to specify a custom CNAME for the browser agent to use instead of the default? This is to put newrelic in the same subdomain as the app that is being instrumented.

Thanks

New Relic Edit

• I want this too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

This isn’t currently supported but we can start a feature request for you. I’ll have the community team add a feature request poll to your post.

Hi there @osei -

As @hwilkalis mentioned, this is a feature idea. I went ahead and added a poll so that others can weigh in. I’ll also get this sent over to our teams. If you have anything you can share about the use case, I know our teams love to get that context.

Thanks!

I want this to avoid losing data from those users who block requests to third party sites. We’ve noticed in some instances, that metrics from our Frontend do not match up with metrics on the backend and we think this might be due to some folks being over eager with their ad-blocking.

Thanks @osei - I can get that +1 added :slight_smile: