New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

Feature Idea: Custom HTTP header for Transaction and Error reporting

python
feature-idea
python3

Hi, we are using Python Agent in our microservices infrastructure and using our own implementation of RequestID and CorrelationID approach. I would like to request a feature to support the addition of custom HTTP headers to APM and Error tracking just by changing the configuration in newrelic.ini file.

A similar feature has been implemented along with this discussion for JAVA agent: Adding custom request header - requestID to newRelic Transaction attributes

Implementation details for JAVA: https://docs.newrelic.com/docs/agents/java-agent/configuration/java-agent-configuration-config-file#

Could we expect the same functionality is impolemented for Python Agent?

Best regards,
Sergei

New Relic Edit

• I want this too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

Hi @sergei.shishov - I don’t know if this is something the team is currently looking at to implement. But I can file the feature request for you so that the team knows there’s interest in this feature. :slight_smile:

Hi @RyanVeitch - If it is not difficult, could you please file a feature request.

Also, if it is possible, share this idea with the team and the point is: this feature will allow PythonAgent users to smoothly integrate it to the system without adding a lot of code and handling of exceptions and transactions. Set the configuration up once and get benefits everywhere in Transaction and Error reporting is the way for best UX and easy of adoption.

Best regards,
Sergei

Thanks for the extra input @sergei.shishov - I’ve got all of that detail filed in a feature idea filed to the Python Agent team here internally.

I now understand why agent functionality diverges :wink:

I can see this being useful for anyone who is using an APM agent.