New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

Feature Idea: Dashboard/New Relic One Application usage data

dashboard
dashboards
feature-idea

As a dashboard author I would like to know how often my dashboard is being viewed/accessed.
As a New Relic One Application author, I would like to know how often my application is being viewed/accessed.

Why?

We often create dashboards/NROne-applications for the benefit of others within our organization. It would be helpful to understand the rate of adoption for these dashboards/NROne-apps.

Often, specific instrumentation has been developed to feed data into a given dashboard. Instrumentation has some inherent costs (development+maintenance, resource utilization) . When a dashboard ceases to be used, it implies that the underlying instrumentation may have also outlived its usefulness. It would be helpful to know which dashboards are no longer being used so that less valuable instrumentation can be deprecated.

Historically, we have had dashboards numbering into the thousands. (Admittedly, a likely factor is poor dashboard hygiene). Without knowing which dashboards are no longer used, we cannot get better at our dashboard hygiene.

Discoverability of high-value dashboards would be much easier, if we could rank them according to the frequency they are used.

New Relic Edit

• I want this too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

That is a great feature request @dustin.pauze. I will be voting for this once the poll is set up :+1:

Hey @dustin.pauze -

This is a great feature idea! The current limitation on this is that we at New Relic, use New Relic, on New Relic.

We don’t currently support reporting NR data to multiple accounts. That feature would allow us to continue to report metrics to our development team accounts, as well as to your account for you to query the page views and actions of your dashboards and NR1 apps.

I’ll get a request for that submitted for you here, and I’ll add a poll to your post for others to vote on too :smiley: