We now have an app that uses DashO to obfuscate the application. I’m not sure at which point we should be inserting the buildID and where we will be getting it from.
Our process so far:
DashO provides a conversion tool to format the mapping file into Proguard format:
java -jar ConvertMap.jar [options] [ ]
- so we run that and we get a proguard version mapping.txt file
** this is what we are missing **
add the NR_BUILD_ID to the end of the mapping.txt file
e.g. # NR_BUILD_ID: ef***---***-xxxxxxxxxxxx
Then upload the mapping.txt like we for our apps that use the proguard format via
curl -v -k -F upload=@“C:\Users\bobTheBuilder\Desktop\blahblah-mapping.txt” -H “X-APP-LICENSE-KEY:A******5” https://mobile-symbol-upload.newrelic.com/symbol
– The assumption of course is that we need to add the NR_BUILD_ID in the mapping.txt file.
– We can’t find docs on where this NR_BUILD_ID comes from or how it gets added to the mapping.txt
– Have you worked with DashO or a customer with DashO where you can reference how to do this?
Thanks for any help.
New Relic edit
- I want this, too
- I have more info to share (reply below)
- I have a solution for this
We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.