Close icon

Feature Idea: Delete custome events

feature-request
feature-idea
rfb

Is there a way to delete custom events…something like drop table ‘Mybaddata’

New Relic edit

• I want this, too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

Hi @solanki
Thank you for contacting us about this. I checked into this and it is not currently possible for us to delete Insights data. I have submitted a feature request on your behalf to be considered for a future release. While we can’t guarantee when or if this feature will be implemented, we take customer requests very seriously and use them to prioritize which features we implement next. If you have any further questions or input regarding this, please don’t hesitate to respond back to us. :grinning:

+1 - I really like the fact that I can see how much data is being held, but I’m pretty powerless to delete historical events or clean up ‘hiccups’ of high-volume data at certain points or from certain partners. Any additional tools to help us clean up data will make your system lighter and let us make better use of the storage space that we are offered.

Gotcha @Jeremy_Buch! Happy to put in a feature request for you as well! :thumbsup: Thanks for letting me know how this feature will help you!

Add me to the list. We do a lot of experimentation and we need to clean things up.

We’re also storing lots of data related to database operations and we might as well delete that data when the database is no longer around. This particular data is interesting for a short period of time but presumably it counts towards our retention limits if we keep it around.

On the subject of retention, we wouldn’t want old but useful data to be purged because of a spike in new but useless data. How will data get purged once we hit our limit?

@sean1 I have added you to the request too. :smiley:

Hi I am just wondering if this feature has been implemented yet?

I’m also looking for this feature. Are we able to open a support ticket to remove a subset of data in the mean time?

Hi @james.lin and @AliM1—thanks for checking in! There is no news to share on this right now but I will be sure that a feature requests gets made for each of you.

and @AliM1, I will go ahead and create a ticket for you as well so that we can discuss private data. Look out for my email!

Hi. Can you add me to the ticket/request please? I’ve done some exploratory work, and created a few ‘test’ custom events. I would have expected the ability to clean up :).

Is there any update on this feature request?

Would be nice to be able to delete specific events. I have test events with incorrect data that persist.

I hear you loud and clear, @tpotter! We don’t want you looking at incorrect data! Thanks for sharing your use case.

I have passed the feedback in this topic along to our Insights Product Manager, please also be sure to vote in the poll I have created above!

More than 2 years ago was a feature requested to cleanup this … UI and NOTHING has happend?!?!

So now we have to live with garbage entries from testings?

Just a sidenote: If I were to send GDPR sensitive Data as a Custom Event, would that put enough pressure on you implementing something which should have been there since day 1?

+1 . I’d like this one too. We too have some old custom events we would like to clean up.

+1 delete will really help