Your data. Anywhere you go.

New Relic for iOS or Android

Download on the App Store    Android App on Google play

New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

Feature Idea: Disable Downloaded HTML Files Tracking (everything via file:/// Protocol)

feature-idea

Hi,
we are seeing some calls from our Browser Agent being recorded from locally downloaded files (i.e. if i right click and select “Save page as”)

i would like to apply a Domain Condition that denies those calls
i tried to add a domain being null rule, but it does not work

if i query for it in insights i get Rows without Domain being set and pageUrl starting with ‘file:///’

currently i solved this by changing to “Allow only…”

We are using SPA Version deployed via Snippet and not via APM

New Relic Edit

• I want this too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

Hey @pieded, Browser doesn’t have a way to block tracking by protocol at this time, but I think it’s a great idea. I’ve gone ahead and filed a feature request on your behalf with our Product development team. This will ensure they take a look at this idea and consider incorporating it into a future release.

When querying Insights, you can exclude these results by adding WHERE NOT LIKE '%file://' to your query.

thank you very much for the feature request
would be a nicer way for people with more dynamic domains that would like to switch to “deny only…” for their ruleset

Let us know if there’s anything else we can help with in the meantime while we await that feature request :smiley: