Feature Idea: Display associated Alert Policies under Synthetic Monitor > Alert Notifications as a Link

When reviewing which Synthetics are already part of an Alert Policy, it is tough to find out if a specific Synthetic Monitor is not tied to any Alert Policies currently since when I look under a Synthetic’s Alert Notifications page it only shows email addresses that are setup for notification when the synthetic fails.

When working in a large account with hundreds of applications and synthetics along with multiple groups that care about different synthetics it becomes tough to ensure all synthetics are appropriately tied to Alert Policies so things do go unnoticed.

It would be great if there was a way to identify synthetics that are not currently linked with any Alert policies or a view that make it easier to administer alerting policies on synthetics.

Thanks,
Will

New Relic edit

• I want this, too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

1 Like

Thank you for pitching into our feature ideas category, @wwalters! I have added a poll for you so we can collect votes from other customers who want to see the same thing.

May I know how to show this linkage by the use of REST API?

@Alan_Tsui - I believe this question relates to the legacy Synthetics notification system, in which you could only have Email alerts by default, and so the synthetics UI would show you email addresses, not policies.

Now, the Synthetics alerts violations page does show the alert policy listings.