Feature Idea: Display URL when listing Synthetics monitors via API

Summary

When listing, updating or otherwise interacting with Synthetics monitors, I would like to receive the full URL of the monitor as part of the REST API response contents. This follows on from an earlier thread: Fetch account ID via API.

The part that prevents me from piecing this together from the existing response is the lack of associated application ID. The rest of the URL is static with exception to the monitor ID, which is already provided.

Workaround

As very helpfully suggested by @jeffrey_s, my current workaround involves making a secondary GET call to Dashboards API which includes an ui_url attribute for all available dashboards, for a given account using the Admin API key.

Since this includes the application ID as part of the URL, I can write a script to build the full URL when interacting with a Synthetics monitor.

Potential Solution

Introduce a new attribute in the response contents of Synthetics monitors called “ui_url”, for consistency with Dashboards API.

Thanks.

New Relic Edit

• I want this too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

@rishav.dhar thanks for posting here - we’ll get that feature idea filed internally for you :smiley:

Excellently detailed. You’ve got my vote, for what that’s worth.

1 Like