New Relic for iOS or Android

Download on the App Store    Android App on Google play

New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

Feature Idea: Embed external content in dashboard

feature-idea

I would like to embed external content in a dashboard, things like screenshots of the site in a slideshow. The intent is go help my co-workers know what my team does by showing both the product and the trends for the product on displays in a common area.

I think this could be achieved by embedding html in a dashboard note, but it looks like dashboard nodes don’t support that portion of the markdown language. I followed links to the documentation and tested that embedded tags work in the sandbox but not in notes where they get escaped.

New Relic Edit

• I want this too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

Hey @matt.harrington1 - That’s a great use case for Dashboard Notes. You should be able to embed screenshots, however HTML/Slideshows would be limited as you’ve discovered. I’ll get a feature idea submitted for you internally here, and I’ll add a poll to your post for others to vote on too.