Your data. Anywhere you go.

New Relic for iOS or Android

Download on the App Store    Android App on Google play

New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

Feature Idea: Embedded Chart Support (With Thresholding)

insights
feature-idea

Referred here from this thread: https://newrelicusers.slack.com/archives/C4BGA443S/p1583196507030000

It would be great to have embedded chart support for New Relic One Dashboards. Right now there is something called Get Chart Link which generates a link to the dashboard chart in question, but it does not update to match changes made to the actual Dashboard chart.

This is the workflow that would be very helpful :

• I create a new chart and add it to a dashboard
  • I then run Get Chart Link to embed that in some documentation or status page
  • I then modify the chart from the NewRelic dashboard. For example, I decide to update the NRQL to query for a longer time range or I update the Warning and Critical thresholds.
  • The changes to the original dashboard chart would propagate to the embedded documentation or status page

I think this should be possible by linking to the chart / widget Id, then pulling the NRQL data from there (when rendering an embedded chart) rather than storing the NRQL specifically with the generated link.

It would be very very helpful to also have the Warning/Critical threshold color changes propagate as well, so the documentation/status page would have performance expectations built into the visualization.

New Relic Edit

• I want this too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

@mike.cox - Thank you for posting that request here, from our conversation in Slack.

I’ve got this sent over to the product teams :smiley: I’ll let you know when I get an update.

@mike.cox

I got confirmation that the query is stored at chart link generation - so updating the charts in the UI will not update your embedded charts.

Since this is expected behaviour, I’ve got this added as a feature idea for you. :smiley: