New Relic for iOS or Android

Download on the App Store    Android App on Google play

New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

Feature Idea: FACET cases() support in New Relic One

feature-idea

I have several filters available for a dashboard but in NR one it seems only one chart allows the filter. For example, I have several charts that group appNames with increasing specificity. If I want to filter a group of apps by owning team vs a zone of teams. But only one of these charts show the filtering feature when you hover over a chart item. This worked as expected in insights (this is a converted dashboard) and I’ve confirmed that they all have the filter this dashboard toggled on for the chart.

Unfortunately, this is going to be a blocker for converting to NR One. Any idea how to get around this issue?

Example of the one working vs another that’s not: https://cl.ly/eec91829d56a

New Relic Edit

• I want this too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

Feature Idea: Dashboard - linked facets missing

Hi @seanroberts – the only circumstance in which facet linking should be non-functional within New Relic One is when you’re using FACET cases(), and from your screen recording, that looks to be the issue that’s at play here.

While that’s a known limitation at the moment, I’ve made sure to pass your feedback onto our product team so they can understand that it’s critical for your adoption of the New Relic One platform.

Got it. So not “100% backwards compatible” yet :sweat_smile: Until that’s fixed we’ll be blocked from using One :sob:

I’m still sorry to hear that, @seanroberts, but I do appreciate the call-out on “100% backwards compatible” – I’m going to update my other comment to make that distinction clear.

Hi @jeffrey_s, is there a release day to deliver the Dashboard filter feature by FACET cases(). We were deciding different dashboard alternatives, NR had worked very well for us, but that feature is becoming very demanding in our projects.

Hey @jose.sanchez-imbert - We don’t currently have an update on when FACET cases() support will be brought over to New Relic One.

In order to have some better reporting of this, we’ve moved out the posts on FACET cases() out into it’s own feature idea thread, so we can separate out the request for linked facets, and facet cases.

We’ll make sure that the desire for FACET cases() is sent to the product development team.