Feature Idea: FastAPI Support for Python

I’m also trying to use fastapi with new-relic. @harsha.vemuluru could you please post what you have here?

@hross can we expect fastapi to be on your roadmap? This framework is quickly gaining traction in the python community.

New Relic Edit

• I want this too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

Thank you.

@roy.trudell Confirming that the product team has been informed of your request. As you can see a poll has also been added to get the level of interest from other Explorers.

@roy.trudell I received an update on this today from our product team and it is a feature they are actively working on. Can’t provide a timeline or further details, but stay tuned. Once the solution is fully released we’ll give you a “Jr. Product Manager” badge as a recognition of your contribution :slight_smile:

Related to your feature:

Hello! I am New Relic’s product manager for the Python agent and I am happy to announce that the team is actively working on Starlette/FastAPI support within the agent. Once it is released, I will let this thread know.

If you are running Uvicorn, there is even better news. You will already get visibility into the timing of your FastAPI requests if you upgrade to the latest version of the agent, since we now support Uvicorn!

We encourage you to use the newrelic.agent.set_transaction_name API to optimize your transaction names.

any update on python agent FastAPI support?

@ajay.k Thanks for checking in! We don’t have an update at this moment in time but keep an eye out as we will update this thread as soon as it is rolled out.

2 Likes

Hello! I am proud to announce the python agent now supports FastAPI out of the box! To get this support, simply upgrade to the latest version of the agent. You can always reach out to us here with questions. Also I invite you to submit issues and work with us to improve the agent for your needs. Our agent code is all open sourced and you can find it here: https://github.com/newrelic/newrelic-python-agent

Enjoy!

2 Likes