Your data. Anywhere you go.

New Relic for iOS or Android

Download on the App Store    Android App on Google play

New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

Feature Idea: Filtering requests based on specific request attributes .Want to use regular expression

insights
feature-idea

Hi
How can I filter transactions based on requests which has specific regular expressions in attributes and is a part of header in new relic?

New Relic Edit

• I want this too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

Hi @Arpita.Choudhury, I checked with our support team and NRQL does not currently allow for regular expression matching so this would become a feature idea that I would share with our product team. Could you possibly provide further information so that we can see if there is some other way to help you with what you’re trying to do? Look forward to your reply :slight_smile:

Hi @JoiConverse,

I am trying to instrument the transactions based on specific attributes in web request which has a value that needs regexp to be used. like what we put in dynatrace --transformation regex in business transaction filtering. Can it be done using xml in new relic?? if yes then what will be the format of that xml

Thanks
Arpita

Hey @Arpita.Choudhury -

I’m afraid we don’t have any RegExp filtering option to determine which transactions to report.

You can use the agent APIs to ignore, or specifically collect certain transactions, but I’m unsure of a way for you to do so with RegExp.

Here’s a sample of ignoring transactions from the Java agent: https://docs.newrelic.com/docs/agents/java-agent/instrumentation/ignore-transactions-using-api

@RyanVeitch - As @JoiConverse hinted, would you convert this to a feature request please?

Yes! Absolutely I can get a feature idea filed!