Download on the App Store    Android App on Google play

New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

Feature Idea: Find ALL high-volume Transactions

insights

Hi,

My goal is to find all URLs (“name” in Transactions) which were hit more than 1000 times during same User session (“request.headers.session” in Transactions).

I tried this NRQL “SELECT count(*) from Transaction since 30 days ago FACET request.headers.session, name LIMIT 2000”

It brings some Transactions, but not all. Because there are plenty of request.headers.session + name combinations with low occurrences, so total amount > 2000

It would be great if I can filter out low-volume transactions to get only high-volume

Please advise how to do it in New Relic.

Hi @Gleb.Gadyatskiy! I see you are working with @amasten via ticket in order to reach a resolution. (ticket # 356503) Once you get all sorted out, please come back here and update us all! I am sure others will learn from your experience in the future. Thanks!

Hi,

Unfortunately, result is not good - New Relic is not capable now to filter out low volume transactions. As a result New Relic cannot provide reliable information about # of high volume transactions in our app.

Aubrey Masten sent a feature request to New Relic Engineering team. But for now I cannot use New Relic to detect all high-volume transactions.

New Relic edit

• I want this, too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

I understand, @Gleb.Gadyatskiy. Sorry to hear the result is not what you hoped for. I will also pass you use case along to the appropriate team. Please also vote in the poll I have created in this thread. Others will also be able to vote on their need for this.

Thanks—let me know if there is anything else I can do.