Download on the App Store    Android App on Google play

New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

Feature Idea: Formatting the TIMESTAMP in a webhook custom payload

feature-idea
rfb

Anyone know of a way to format the $TIMESTAMP into a human readable text when creating a Custom Payload on a Webhook

For example the creating a field value in the payload as

{{DATE(2017-02-14T06:08:39Z, SHORT)}}

could potentially produce…

Tue, 14 Feb 2017

Substituting $TIMESTAMP for the date string in that example, I would hope could produce the date the alert was produced in that same SHORT format (other formats should be available).

• I want this, too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

We don’t have support for different formatting in the webhook payload configuration at this time. The assumption we’re making is that whatever service is handling the payload would be able to convert it to whatever format would be desired, although I can think of some use cases where it would be easier/helpful to be able to change this.

We could certainly ask @Linds to pass this #feature-ideas:feature-ideas-alerts along!

Thanks David, yes would certainly be helpful if this could be a feature request @Linds.

My use case is that I’m feeding the webhook payload into another third party service (MS Teams to be specific) where I’m not able to alter the output of the data to the level of changing the values in the payload.

That is helpful context, @David.Bell! Thank you for coming back and letting us know. I have added this information to your official feature request. :blush:

@David.Bell I wanted to make sure you had seen that there is some discussion around formatting webhook payloads for MS Teams in the forum.

While I haven’t worked with it myself, this link might be helpful (and even if you’ve seen it hopefully it might help someone who comes along after you).

New Relic alerts not working with Microsoft Teams

Thanks David, I think I looked at that topic but not necessarily that latest post.

My attempt (I’ll tweak my example and share with the wider community) is here https://discuss.newrelic.com/t/synthetics-custom-webhooks/63632/4?u=david.bell

@Linds,

Is there any update on this or an ETA?

Hey @r.mehra - There’s currently no update, though your +1 has been added here.