Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

Feature Idea: Framework Support for CakePHP 3

cakephp
feature-request
framwork-support
feature-idea

You guys have support for Cake 1.3 and 2.x. It would be FANTASTIC if you guys also supported 3.x.

Currently, it’s all index.php, and I know I can fix it using named transactions… But Im not interested in modifying the library. Especially since you guys are willing to support older versions of this.

New Relic edit

• I want this, too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

Feature request: Support CakePHP 3 in the php agent
Installed PHP agent, CakePHP 3: getting no helpful data

Hi @Ddrght12345

No problem at all, thanks for letting us know, i’ll log a feature request on this to let our product management team know we have customers using CakePHP 3 and that they would like to see support for the framework.

Thanks for letting me know :smile:

Hi, This have not been resolved yet. Any update on if this is planned or?

Hi @jan4 - you’re correct that CakePHP 3 is not yet supported. I have informed our product managers of your interest, thank you for interest! Additional requests helps our product management team better understand the demand for supporting this framework.

As we don’t currently support CakePHP 3, you might be interested in this help center article, which describes how you may integrate New Relic into the framework yourself: https://docs.newrelic.com/docs/agents/php-agent/frameworks-libraries/php-frameworks-integrating-support-new-relic

This have not been resolved yet. Any news?

No news to share right now, @danielfusco. Except for: I have added a poll so we can start collecting customer votes! Please be sure and vote above! :blush:

I’ve been used Newrelic for years, with CakePHP 2 and 3, and the lack of a tighter integration is starting to be annoying. Could you please add support at least for the routing layer?

Hi @lorenzo -

Thanks for the feedback - I moved your topic to this existing thread. Note that this feature idea has a poll, so feel free to register your vote here as well.

We’re currently deploying CakePHP 3 in production for our primary, customer facing site. We’ve deployed a large number of other services across various languages, and the lack of integrated support for CakePHP hurts our ability to investigate performance issues for our users. It would be great to have some level of official support for CakePHP from NewRelic so that I don’t have to try and provide alternative solutions for our engineers. Looking at more than one service for performance metrics is certainly not ideal :frowning:

I totally agree: not ideal at all, @josediazgonzalez!

Thank you very much for sharing your use case and your needs with us. Be sure to vote above and know that I have passed your use case along to our PHP Product Owners. :blush: