Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

Feature Idea: Generate and email PDF report from insight dashboard

feature-request
insights
rfb

Hello all,

I am new to New Relic and I cannot find how to generate a schedule PDF report out of an insight dashboard in insights… Is there any way to achieve this?

Regards,
Erick Brambila

• I want this, too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

Weekly Report for NR Insights Query
Feature Idea: Sending Alerts About Custom Dashboards via Email
New Relic API call from windows Powershell

Hey there @Erick.Brambila -

We do not have a feature to export to PDF right now - just CSV. So, this is a feature idea, and a good one! I’ve added a poll to this request so that others can vote as well. In the meantime, if you have additional information you would like to share about your use case, please let me know and we’ll get that out to the product team as well.

Welcome to the community!

@Erick.Brambila and @hross - Exporting a PDF of a dashboard, as well as scheduling an e-mail report to send that snapshot is on the Insights roadmap!

I’d love to hear your use case regarding the reports.
Mia

I would like to have it in the UI. Our customers often want to have a copy of a dashboard to put in some report. If they can create a pdf by themselves, they would be happy with this.

Hello, we are exploring migrating from a competing product to New Relic. In the competitors current offering, nightly metrics of website performance are sent as a pdf via email to a distribution list. We have been able to duplicate the performance metrics in a New Relic Insights Dashboard. The dashboard is working perfectly, However, requires logging in each day to view the results, This creates various obstacles in making the dashboard equivalent to what we have now . The ability to have the dashboard results sent automatically via email would be a great improvement.

Thanks for that Addition @michaelS17 - and welcome to the community! I’ll make sure our product teams see this and appreciate your specific details.

it has been a year … still this feature of exporting to the report to pdf or sending it via email is not available …

Can we have this prio or share a workaround, please?
This would make a lot of people’s life easier!!!

Thanks appreaciatte!

Hi @felipe3 -

There are a couple of ways to get data out of Insights at the moment. Neither is as easy as an export to PDF feature would be, but both get you data:

• Export to CSV - this is the simplest (click a button!), but the data is a raw CSV file so it does not tell the story that the graphs do.
  • Use the API to retrieve data - this requires more work, but once you have the data, you can pipe it into a presentation layer that makes it much more presentable. And unlike a PDF, you have much more control over exactly how the data is presented.

Those are the options right now. Let us know if you need help with either!