Feature Idea: GET API calls should return current state of monitors

I’d like to get the current state of a Synthetics monitor when I make a GET API call to the Synthetics API. In the absence of a status page feature in NR and the limited integration with other status page services, I think it would be worthwhile to be able to scrape one’s Synthetics monitors and retrieve their current state and potentially populate it into one’s own custom status page. As it stands, this information is available in the GUI but not through the API or Insights, so it’s pretty much inaccessible.

Alek

New Relic Edit

• I want this too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

Hi @Hayorti -

While not necessarily Synthetics related - since you mention Status pages - you may be interested in the Nerdpack we launched yesterday: Statuspage.io Nerdpack.

Regarding your post though - getting the current state as a response to the GET api calls sounds like a great idea. I’ll get that feature idea filed for you :smiley: