New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

Feature Idea: HAVING Equivalent and/or Aliasing

feature-request
insights
feature-idea

I have a use case where I need to limit a query to only those clients with at least 100 transactions. I can do this easily enough in SQL, but can’t seem to find a way in NRQL. I found at least one request for adding a HAVING equivalent, but that was from three years ago. This could also be accomplished if we were able to use aliasing. I have to think plenty of us would find both of these features quite useful.

New Relic Edit

• I want this too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

Hey @John.Hopson - those are absolutely useful features of SQL that could be equally useful in NRQL - I’ll get your request sent up to the Product teams for their review.

I’ll also add a poll to your post for others to vote on. :smiley:

Hi @RyanVeitch
Can I get an update on this Feature Idea?
I see that multiple users have already brought this up for a long time and would like to know if we’ve implemented this.

Thanks,
Darren

Hi Darren,

Currently I have no update to share on this. I’ll get your +1 added internally, but for now I don’t have an ETA.