Your data. Anywhere you go.

New Relic for iOS or Android

Download on the App Store    Android App on Google play

New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

Feature Idea: How do I set up predetermined time windows when our configured alerts are inactive?

alerts-beta
feature-idea
new-alerts

3 years and this “really important feature” still isn’t done, even with the new alerts system? What’s going on? Every monitoring system I’ve used in the past has had some sort of scheduled downtime feature. I shouldn’t have to implement this myself via scripts and API calls…

I agree @skeenan managing downtime via scripts + APIs isn’t ideal. Alternatively, if you use our PagerDuty, VictorOps, OpsGenie or xMatters integrations, they, as the receiver of the alerting events can enforce the maintenance windows during your desired window of time.

Beyond that unfortunately I don’t have much I can share in terms of timing for this platform enhancement. We still believe it is a feature that should make its way into NR Alerts at some point.

Feature Idea: Is it Possible Set a Scheduled Maintenance Window?

+1 @skeenan and others on here, agree 100% this is also important for us and concerning that it’s been recognized as important and “high priority” by NR product team on this thread, on the roadmap for 3 1/2 years, yet not implemented yet, and only now for Synthetics, with no timetable for further modules such as APM or Infra. Thanks.

@jgimpelman - We definitely hear you on that!! I’m adding your +1 now. Note that a maintenance window feature for Alerts is definitely on the team’s radar, there is a lot of ongoing work in the background by the alerts team though that’s needed for that. As such we currently don’t have an ETA to provide.