Feature Idea: How to keep alert incident to always open

Hi, just want to ask, is there any setting for alert/incident to keep open rather the close automatically, because the purpose is to avoid repetitive notification when the alert come randomly happen

New Relic edit

• I want this, too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

Hi, @ocky.aditia: No, it is not possible to prevent New Relic from closing alert incidents automatically. You may, however, be able to configure New Relic not to notify you when an alert condition “flaps” open and closed: https://newrelic.com/blog/how-to-relic/how-to-use-decisions-applied-intelligence.

1 Like

Hi sorry out of context, is there any shortcut to see log query? I create some alert for logging application, after alert comes and view incident, I can’t find shortcut to direct to see the log

Hello @ocky.aditia -

We took a look at this and determined that is is a feature idea for our product team. I have shared the details you provided with our product team and will update this thread when we learn more.

thank you for information, hopefully can be live and use in the future to make easy

want to ask again, I create some alerts in 1 policy group, sometimes if alert trigger it doesn’t notify to slack, also if alert already resolve, the incident still open violation, not close automatically, this behavior always like this until now, do you know the issue? because I need to notify asap when alert comes and resolve to aware about that issue, everyday I always open manually the incident comes to the policy and manually see and close violation whereas the incident already resolve

almost all of queries I create like this

• Log query result is > 0.0 units at least once in 1 min
  • Signal is lost after: 10 minutes and then Close all current open violations
  • Window duration 1 minutes
  • Delay 0 minutes

Hi @ocky.aditia

Can you send me a link to one of the incidents that had this behavior (no notifications and not closed automatically)?

I’ll be happy to check the condition that created it.

thanks

Rodrigo

you can check the sample incident here https://alerts.newrelic.com/accounts/3259914/incidents/526365496/violations?id=2471346032

oh ya, oot, can we create an alert based on the gap between 2 or more processes, example: I have 3 servers running, avg CPU process on 3 servers around 2-5%, but in some cases, 1 server has an anomaly maybe increase to 10% or maybe 15%, but remaining servers still 2-5%, can we create alert to make sure the servers have same load for CPU process, thank you