Feature Idea: How to manually close multiple incident

Hi,
Currently I have more than > 100 opened incidents. How can I close all of them at once?

Thanks

New Relic Edit

• I want this too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

Hi @cchokshi,

As far as I know, there’s no way to “bulk close” Alerts incidents. That said, you might be able to solve your issue here by toggling the Alerts condition(s) tied to the incidents.

When you toggle an Alerts condition, it should close any open violations that are associated with it. If this is a case where you have 100 incidents tied to 10 conditions, then you could toggle the 10 conditions and it should close all of your incidents. That would probably be the quickest way to accomplish your goal here.

Other than that, I’m happy to submit this as a feature idea for you!

1 Like

Hi, @cchokshi: To supplement @Masen’s reply, I wanted to mention that you may use the REST API for alerts to enable or disable an alert condition, so you could write a script to do it.

2 Likes

Hi @philweber
Thanks. I will toggle alert condition. Can you please submit feature idea?

Thanks

@cchokshi I will followup and get this feature submitted for you. Thank you for raising it up to our attention :slight_smile:

I would also second the feature request, but keep it more general to just “Bulk Actions”. Other tools that exist allows a person to select an arbitrary number of items and complete actions such as Bulk Ack, Bulk Close, etc.

2 Likes

@bbraunstein Welcome to the community :slight_smile: Please add your vote on the poll that has been added to the original post.