Learn more

Close icon

Feature Idea: Identify Cause of Memory Leaks

memoryleak
feature-request
feature-idea
apppool
rfb

Hello, it looks like we are having a memory leak where our app pool recycles frequently. We setup to recycle the app pool when it hits 1.5GB (32 bit). It recycles about once a day, and sometimes 2-3 times a day. I know which app pool is causing the leak, but can I use New Relic to help identify where the leak is caused from within the app pool?

• I want this, too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

Hi @cchang

I’m not sure if you’ll be able to determine the exact cause of the memory leak, but it should be pointing you in the right direction.

If you’re using server monitoring like New Relic infrastructure, you can track processes for memory and CPU usage over time. So it will be very clear what process is leaking memory.

My guess is as you’re referring to app pools, you’re using .NET and IIS. You can then track performance in New Relic of the .NET application using our .NET agent to get more detailed information on how your application is performing and the time that is being spent in the code.

There is no particular tying of memory used to Transactions or bodies of code in the UI at this time. It’s definitely something that could be a great addition so I will get our community moderators @hross and @Linds to turn this thread into a feature idea for such functionality. They’ll let you know when it’s a poll and be sure to add your vote so our product managers know it’s something you’d like to see in New Relic.

Id like to have this feature to
+1 vote for me