Feature Idea: Include NetworkInformation (3G, LTE, Wifi) in session trace

When I am troubleshooting client-side performance issues, one key piece of information is the clients’ network speed. This will help me to segment my slow page load times if I know that the slowest traces are users on 2G connections.

Ideas to gather this information include the NetworkInformation API standard https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/NetworkInformation

New Relic edit

• I want this, too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

Nice to see you again @dmiyamasu - thanks very much for sharing this idea with the community. I went ahead and added a poll so that others can vote, and will share this with our product team. If you need anything else, please let me know!

hey guys,
Are there any updates about this feature? We are very interested to use that in New Relic Insights.

@thiagogonzalez - I don’t think the data you’re looking for is yet available in Session Traces. I know we capture the ASN organisation name in Browser - so you may be able to make assumptions based on that, but we have no connection type details right now. I’ll add your +1 to the feature idea

Resubmitted this request for new consideration. Will update thread once I hear more from product.