Download on the App Store    Android App on Google play

New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

Feature Idea: Include Notification Channels in Alert Policy List API Call

api
feature-idea

I would like to be able to see the notification channels assigned to an alert policy from the API. Currently, the alerts_policies.json call only outputs the ID, incident_preference, name, created_at, and updated_at values. There is an alerts_policies_channels.json call too, but it is only used to add or remove a notification channel to/from a policy. Being able to tell which channels are assigned to a policy would be very beneficial.

New Relic edit

• I want this, too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

Hi there @peckb1 - Doing this exactly as you describe is indeed a Feature Idea, so I’ve added a poll here. That said, you can get all the policies for a channel via the API and with a little scripting magic on your part, could end up with what you are looking for as an alternative method. I recognize that this is less than ideal, but may help you out in the meantime.

I am interested in this feature as well, as a workaround I will have to grab all channels and filter them based on their policy_ids in code.

We’ve added your +1 here @David.ReedFrancis - That sounds like a good workaround in the meantime :smiley: