Feature Idea: Insights - Redis databaseCallCount

We recently updated our .net Redis library to StackExchange.Redis. In doing so, I’ve noticed Redis calls are now logged in transaction details, which is awesome. However, now both SQL and Redis calls are logged as database:

Consequently, all of our reporting for the health of our MSSQL server is going crazy. Today’s query count is showing a massive increase, but the number of queries against our SQL Server hasn’t actually changed.

Is there a way to have the following NRQL report only MSSQL, or exclude Redis?

SELECT sum(databaseCallCount) FROM Transaction where transactionType ='Web' and appName = 'my app' since 1 day ago COMPARE WITH 1 week ago

New Relic Edit

• I want this too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

@RyanVeitch it says you edited this but I’m not sure what changed.

Hi @chad.coombs - We have an internal process here to make sure posts like this get looked at - that involves certain tags - which I added to your post. That was my edit here :slight_smile:

Can you send over a link to the app your seeing this call count increase in? I’d like to look at the query and see what options there are in that.

Ahhhh I see now. Thanks.
App: https://rpm.newrelic.com/accounts/293945/applications/6010591
Dashboard: https://insights.newrelic.com/accounts/293945/dashboards/632357

Hey @chad.coombs - I’m sorry - That clarified things here, but I’m afraid its not going to be possible in Insights to query that data right now.

From looking at the account I see that the data you are looking to filter by (Transaction Trace slow components) - are a part of the Trace details. This data is not sent to Insights in the Transaction event.

I’ll get a feature idea filed for you to our product team, for that data to be exposed to the Transaction event.

Dang. Appreciate you looking!

1 Like

No worries - Sorry it wasn’t better news.

Let’s keep :crossed_fingers:fingers crossed :crossed_fingers: that the feature idea gets looked into and hopefully implemented soon :smiley: