Download on the App Store    Android App on Google play

New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

Feature Idea: Insights usage group by apm application name

feature-idea

###Insights Question Template
I want to get insights consumption for few applications.

• Let us know which NRQL queries you have tried so far:

SELECT rate(SUM(insightsTotalEventCount - insightsIncludedEventCount), 1 day) as usage FROM NrDailyUsage, NrUsage WHERE productLine = ‘Insights’ AND usageType = ‘Event’ AND insightsEventNamespace != ‘Tracing Spans’ TIMESERIES 1 day FACET consumingAccountName,apmAppName SINCE ‘2020-02-06 00:00:00 +0530’ UNTIL ‘2020-03-07 00:00:00 +0530’ LIMIT 15

How can I get Insights usage by application wise(apmAppName)?

New Relic Edit

• I want this too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

Hey @kanala_mohan_gopal it looks as @GlenOFoghlu is helping you with this within a ticket! He will be in touch to follow up with you!

Responce to your ticket has been sent… to close out this loop, is there a specific business need for this? we typically just monitor insights usage across an account and not at an application level.

Business need is to find out with application is consuming more if insights and check the opportunities to optimise those particular apps.

Hi @kanala_mohan_gopal - I have looked into the usage events and not seen any way to get Insights usage per app name. I will get this filed for you internally as a feature idea :smiley: