Download on the App Store    Android App on Google play

New Relic Insights App for iOS

Download on the App Store

Learn more

Close icon

Feature Idea: Install PHP Agent on Windows

feature-idea

Hi

I need to know whether I can install php agents in windows environment.

New Relic edit

• I want this, too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

Hi @chandran_krishnan - unfortunately, we do not have support for PHP on windows at this time: I will log a feature request on your behalf to let our product managers know of your need.

Hi @Lisa

that would be really great idea. I wish I could easily install PHP Agent on Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and 10 as I am currently developing my websites in Windows environment thanks to MAMP PRO for Windows ( Beta ) on local host. I am was about to install iOS but I prefer to stay on windows for many reasons. I think with MAMP I can do really what I wanted to with my localhost, however, it would be perfect to be able to monitor how my websites performing before deploying them to internet.

Looking forward to have this option soon.

Hey @LukeSeven - thank you for sharing the details behind what you need; those use cases help out our product managers the most. I have aded a request on your behalf. :slight_smile:

We’re looking to install the PHP agent on our Windows server IIS, but not seeing that it’s possible yet.

Hi @davehelc, correct, I have gone ahead and passed on your interest in this functionality. Thanks for the input!

Has there been any more movement on this? IIS and PHP seem to play nice in the sandbox for my company. It would be nice to be able to monitor all of our websites in one place.

Thanks for your interest in this @KBSTechnology! I am adding you as an interested user to this feature idea.

At this time, we are not actively developing supportability for the PHP agent on Windows. We would like to understand more of our users needs for this functionality and if you have moment, could you provide more information about about this need?

• What PHP applications are you running on Windows?
  • What value do they provide to your business?
  • What went into the decision to host your PHP application on Windows?

Thanks!

I currently host 20 PHP websites. The majority of these sites are Drupal Open Source, but a few are wordpress. I have dedicated Linux Servers running MySQL, but the management and development of sites is much easier on Windows than it is on a headless Linux server.

I previously used Linux but dues to security breaches and the lack of Linux server management experience in my organization, I migrated our hosting to Windows. We’ve never been happier.

Some of these applications are small, but we have 4 or 5 rather large business applications running that are vital to our hosting business.

We’ve looked at some other products, but I’ve also had great experience with New Relic. Your name implies a level of experience and quality.

I was going to install your MySQL plugin yesterday but decided against it because of Java. Just an FYI.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Thank you for providing this information! I’ve added this to the feature idea. This will give the team a great use case during the decision making and planning process.

+1 i need to monitor PHP on IIS/FastCGI

+1 I also need to monitor PHP on IIS. It will be very helpful to attend our needs.

because of MSSQL we need to be on windows

Not anymore: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/sql-server/sql-server-2017 :slightly_smiling_face:

well the connectors i use do :wink:

I’am a trainee in my office, I had been given a task that I need to install PHP Agent with IIS on my Microsoft Windows Server 2012 which is having one PHP site hosted on it and I need to start monitoring with New Relic APM, Please help me how to install PHP Agent in Windows Server 2012.