Feature Idea: Is it Possible Set a Scheduled Maintenance Window?

Thanks to everyone who has weighed in on this thread. This feature has been developed for Synthetics with plans to eventually expand it across all NR products. The Synthetics version is currently in beta. You can request access to that beta through your account rep who will walk you through a very short process to get signed up.

3 Likes

It would be useful feature and think about it this is pretty standard offering for monitoring products these dates. Hope we can see this feature soon which make people like New Relic more especially those who got the beeper :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Will this thread be updated when this feature goes live?

Many thanks.

Hi @AndrewWalker - we make our best effort to ensure that the community is updated when a feature actually goes live.

1 Like

Adding my +1 to this. It’s pretty necessary to be able to set a maintenance period to avoid false alarms and the resulting alarm fatigue.

2 Likes

This feature across all NR products would be highly appreciated from our end as well. We have maintenance periods quite often, however, with limited time-range. I saw this workaround but I don’t think it is a real solution because 1) it would require quite a lot of effort to implement, 2) it is hard to maintain.

1 Like

Adding my +1 for this too. Incredible this hasn’t been implemented yet.

2 Likes

Yes, we love to see 100+ votes in the poll! I hope you were able to vote above, @james.davis !

Thanks for letting us know you are also interested. Please check back soon for possible updates from the Product Management team! :blush:

Hi there. I have just signed up for New Relic Synthetic and am very disappointed not to see this feature. Am having to look around at competitor products now.

Hi @Leigh.Ashton - it is available under Beta as stated in a post on this thread if you would like to sign up for it.

3 Likes

Hi @stefan_garnham, how can I request access to the beta version? I want to see the feature of maintenance window. Thank you!

As per the post linked, you can request access from your account rep.

2 Likes

Add me to the list of want’ers! It would be great not to be woken up every night at 2:30 6 times. The issue not having this possibility is that people turn of the sound on their phones so if all goes down for real no one will notice. So yes, I would love the maintenance windows on all your products and I would be willing to pay an extra amount to have this feature if need be!

2 Likes

Thanks for that feedback @anders.linnlokken - and it’s great to see you in the community again! Keep your eyes peeled for an update on this one, or talk to your rep about the beta!

1 Like

Jumping in with a yes vote a full 3 years later.

@SRE Hey there! Thanks for adding your +1.

We’re currently running a private beta for Synthetics Maintenance Windows. If you’re interested in getting your account added to that, you can reach out to your New Relic Account Executive. :smiley:

4 Likes

Please add me once this feature be implemented, thanks!

1 Like

@leozu - I’ll get your +1 added here :smiley:

+1 on this. But it needs to be for ALL alerting types, not just Synthetics, give us APM and Infra too. C’mon product team, this seems to be a highly requested item over the last several years and would drastically improve your product/alerting and eliminate the false positives seen from server and app recycles…we have specifically singled this out as an issue with your product, is we recycle overnight then get a flurry of alerts, that we just end up ignoring, yet our alert inbox is filled with all of these false positives that quickly close. Sometimes an actual alert can get lost because we ignore most things that trigger overnight during the recycle period. Seems like a quick fix too that would give us much better piece of mind so that every alert that triggers is actionable.

1 Like

Hi, @jgimpleman: While you wait for this feature, a workaround is to use the REST API to disable certain alert conditions at the beginning of your maintenance window, and re-enable them afterward.

1 Like