Feature Idea: Is there an ability to store dashboard configuration in VCS and apply on deployment automatically (by newRelic agent or APIs)

Right now I’m creating dashboards for my services manually (per environment, per micro service). So, it’s a bit chore.

Is there a way to sync dashboard with configuration defined in some way? So if I need to add some metrics to dashboard or update them, I update configuration. And when I deploy my service with New Relic agent or New Relic API I get my dashboard updated according with configuration.

New Relic Edit

• I want this too
  • I have more info to share (reply below)
  • I have a solution for this

0 voters

We take feature ideas seriously and our product managers review every one when plotting their roadmaps. However, there is no guarantee this feature will be implemented. This post ensures the idea is put on the table and discussed though. So please vote and share your extra details with our team.

Hi there @Mikhail.Asadchy -

There is not currently a way to do what you are asking for here, but we can definitely see the value. I’ve turned this topic into a Feature Idea and will be sharing this with out product team. If you have any additional details you want to add to your use case, I know our teams would love to hear it!

1 Like

@Mikhail.Asadchy I had a brief update from product today and it looks like an upcoming API release will help with this use case. There isn’t a specific timeframe I can share in regards to the release. Stay tuned :slight_smile: